September 4 update – mint delayed 24 hours, to Sept 5.
September 1 update – per a Twitter spaces with Frankdegods, the trait marketplace will not launch. Those who get on the y00tlist will mint a “mint tube” which will allow you to mint your y00t 5 days later (it’s basically a mint pass). Trading for the mint tubes will open up as well, before the actual y00t mint.
New project from the team behind DeGods.
- You will not be able to mint y00ts unless you are on the y00tlist (whitelist)
- y00ts is creating a new type of copyright “ⓨ” to allow artists and creators to develop custom traits for y00ts and earn from selling the trait, selling the ⓨ of the trait, set the supply of the trait, and collect royalties on sales of the trait
- User generated traits will be added to the y00ts marketplace for 6 months
- After 6 months, y00ts can be separated into individual pieces and sold/bought/traded
- Any new traits from this point forward will be brand collabs
- y00ts must be staked for 30 days to earn 1 ⓨ token (added to the y00t metadata), this token allows you to apply a ⓨ trait from the marketplace to your y00t
- Max of 6 ⓨ traits per y00t
- The trait you add must match the existing metadata on your y00t (i.e. hoodie for hoodie)
- You can swap back the trait to your original at any time, but you will need to wait 30 days before applying a new trait to your y00t
- ⓨ tokens can be stacked, and you could sell your unmodified y00t with it’s attached ⓨ tokens